Job Title: Risk Specialist
Requisition #: REQ03554
Job Category: Finance
Job Location: Calgary, AB
WHO WE ARE:
ATCO Power is an experienced builder, owner and operator of independent power generation plants. ATCO Power has a solid reputation of providing industry leading, reliable, responsible and cost-effective energy solutions for our customers and partners around the world. Full details can be found at www.atcopower.com.
With nearly 8,000 employees and assets of approximately $19 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions through vertically integrated global business units engaged in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas infrastructure development, transmission and distribution, and liquids and water infrastructure development, storage and processing); and Electricity (power generation, distributed generation, and electricity infrastructure development and transmission). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
Reporting to the Manger, Commodity Risk & Compliance, the Risk Analyst brings an understanding of the asset and market price dynamics, deal pricing and risk analysis of energy markets to ATCO Power. This position plays a key role in supporting the Asset Optimization and the Finance and Accounting teams in the area of daily risk analysis, and by retrieving, arranging and analyzing data, as well as automating processes for completing tasks.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent analytical skills and computer proficiency with the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment. This position will appeal to individuals who are comfortable with detailed analytic work, have strong communication skills and are interested in contributing to achieving business results in a rapidly changing and challenging area of the power generation business.
- Develop and maintain risk reporting tools, analytical models, processes and controlsused to produce daily risk management reports.
- Complete the daily risk reporting process; issuing daily reports, resolving discrepancies,and taking a leadership role to ensure the integration of new reporting requirements.
- Monitor and report positions, exposure, mark to market, mark to model and riskpositions in a timely basis.
- Ensuring and reporting compliance with the Energy Risk Management Plan andrecommendation of corrective action as required.
- Produce and distribute accurate risk management reports, supplementing the analyticswith appropriate interpretations and communication of the information.
- Provide detailed analytical support for risk related activities to the Asset Optimizationand the Finance and Accounting groups as required.
- Perform back testing and stress testing as outlined in the risk management policy.
- Identify and implement process improvements, develop new reports and/or refine supplemental reports in response to changing market and business conditions.
- Work with cross functional teams on projects.
- An undergraduate degree in business/finance or in a quantitatively oriented discipline is required (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and/or Computer Science).
- Professional designations (CFA, FRM, ERP, PRM, ACIA or FCIA), or the pursuit of would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in a risk analysis role is required; experience directly related to the electrical power industry would be preferred.
- Experience in the use and configuration of broad-based commodity risk management systems would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Excel, and some database experience are essential, along with a solid understanding of deal pricing and risk analysis as it pertains to electrical markets.
- Additionally, proficiency in common programming languages (e.g. VBA) is desired.
- Good knowledge of stochastic volatility and valuation and risk modeling structures.
- Understanding of real option theory and application would be considered an asset.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently on a variety of simultaneous projects and effectively operate within a fast paced and evolving market place.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of senior management.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced team environment, to assess risks/rewards and to recommend appropriate courses of action.
Candidates interested in this role should apply directly online at the ATCO careers website here.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.
Date affichée : 2017-03-24 Date d'expiration : 2017-04-06