Deadline for applications: 30 days (initial shortlisting takes place 1-2 weeks in)
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Duration: Permanent, Fulltime
Instructions for Candidates: Please apply via the CIA job board AND online at TELUS’ Career Website. Please include your resume.
Apply here: https://telus.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=FIN01561-17
Ready to take your financial expertise to the next level?
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be an integral part of the Pension and Investments team. You will focus your efforts on providing top-notch support regarding internal control monitoring, financial reporting and investment planning for the TELUS Pension Plans.
We’re looking for YOU - someone passionate about making a meaningful impact by leveraging their actuarial, accounting, and/or pension experiences!
At the core of your talents is your innate ability to communicate; you transform your in-depth financial analysis into a clear format that stakeholders understand! If you’re ready to be part of providing value-added financial reporting, forecasting & analysis services to a dynamic business unit read on…
Each day, you will take on many exciting roles:
- Subject Matter Expert:
- Support month-end requirements for Pensions; variance analysis, and compiling pension expense
- Prepare, review and file annual regulatory filings with OSFI and provincial regulators
- Prepare data for the Corporate Financials and SOX reporting
- Co-ordinate and assist with the actuarial valuations, including letters of credit and special payments
- Provide Corporate Accounting support with pension asset calculation (quarterly), discount rate calculation, pension expense forecasting, pension contribution forecasting, and assumption setting
- Provide external audit support by coordinating and compiling the annual audit of the Pension Plans
- Calculate and determine annual pension contributions and compile with regulatory requirements; prepare SAP budgets, accruals and complex entries
- Prepare quarterly pension recoveries for Investments, Administration and Legal
- Provide secondary signing authority for various transactions for the pension plans
- Complete ad-hoc requests by conducting research, analyzing data, scenario analysis, and/or preparing presentations
- Organized Team-Player:
- Liaise with external actuaries and internal (corporate accounting, strategic financial analysis) groups
- Liaise with auditors to produce annual financial statements for the Pension Plans
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for external investment service providers
- Collaborative Communicator:
- Prepare and communicate quarterly and annual Pension Plan financial statements to management and trustees
- Establish and communicate quarterly variance analysis of budgets and re-forecasts (SAP and Pension Plans)
- Communicate to management, quarterly estimates on impacts to pension plan assumptions given changes to economic, market, and regulatory conditions
- Pension experience is an asset (pension accounting, pension regulation, actuarial concepts, and pension governance)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with in-depth knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of SAP
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Big Thinker:
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and innovative thinking skills with strong sense of ownership and ability to make effective decisions and deal with complex issues
- Collaborative Team Player:
- Able to work well in a cross-functional team environment maintaining inter-departmental respect, sensitivity to all perspectives and information
- Expert Communicator:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build good working relationships and influence others at all levels in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive Planner:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to scope out difficult tasks & projects, set objectives and goals, develop schedules, prioritize multiple activities, and anticipate roadblocks
- Able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and goals in fast-paced, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- High standards of performance and a strong desire to learn
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- FCA, FCIA or CPA
- University degree in finance, accounting, or math
- Experience in reviewing management financial statements and providing analysis on variances to management
- Experience producing and supporting a detailed budget and forecasting process from start to finish
- Actuarial, accounting, and pension experience a definite asset
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Date Posted: 2017-04-10 Expires: 2017-05-10
Date affichée : 2017-04-10 Date d'expiration : 2017-05-10